Specific: Nimbus Model C was
build by Fisker & Nielsen in Copenhagen and delivered
between 1934 and 1960 with and without sidecar.
Sidecar-versions included ammunition
kb), ambulance (70 kb) , 8 mm
kb), 20 mm machinegun (157 kb) and with radio (94 kb).
The Model C appears to have been in the Danish
inventory as late as in 1970.
Replaced by the BSA B40WD in 1968.
Historical: Shown model was introduced in 1934,
ahead of it´s time with overhead camshaft, automatic
advance ignition and a telescopic fork.
Approx. 12.000 had been made when production ceased in
1960, of which approx. 2.400 were delivered to the Danish
In 1936 attempts were made to sell Nimbus outfits, in
combination with the 'System Madsen' weapons, to Chiang
Kai-Chek forces in China and to the Brazilian military.
Neither attempts came to anything, but in 1940 100 army
green Nimbuses were bought by the Yugoslavia, which was
promptly overrun by German forces, before deliveries
could take place. Those 100 were eventually used by
German forces in Norway, and it is believed that a large
number - possibly 70 - of Danish Army Nimbuses were used
by Danish nazi volunteers fighting on the Eastern Front.
Weight: 185 kg (407 lb) solo.
Engine: Own 4-cylinder, 0.746 cm3 (45 cubic inches)
displacement, air cooled, carburetor.
Horsepower: 18 at 4.000 rpm (early), 22 (from late
Transfer case: None.
Electrical system: 6 volt.
Tyres: 3.50 x 19.
without preparation: N/A.
with deep water fording kit: N/A.
Fuel type: Petrol.
Fuel capacity: 12.5 liter (2.75 gallons).
Crew: 1 + 1 (solo).
Additional: Shaft drive, riveted steel
Thank you to Kim Scholer, former editor of "Nimbus
Tidende", for the main part of information given in