Specific: The shown vehicle was
used as a TACP-vehicle
from around 1970.
Historical: The first Landrover LWB, the 107, appeared in 1954. It was
able of carrying a payload of 750 kg. In 1956 the
107-inch model was replaced with the 109-inch model. From
1957, as with the 88, a diesel-engine became available.
Developed through Series II (1958), series IIA (1961),
Series III (October 1971) and the 110 (1983).
extended version were the 127 with the well known V8
petrol engine used as a Rapier missile tractor.
Length: 4.44 m (173 inches).
Width: 1.68 m (65 inches).
Height: 2.06 m (80 inches).
Weight: 2.650 kg (5.830 lb.).
Engine: Land Rover 4-cylinder, 2.286 cm3 (139 cubic
inches) displacement, liquid cooled.
Horsepower: 70 at 4.250 rpm.
Transmission: 4-speed gearbox.
Transfer case: 2-speed.
Electrical system: 12 volt, negative ground.
Tyres: 7.50 - 16.
without preparation: N/A.
with preparation: N/A.
Fuel type: Petrol.
Fuel capacity: 45 liter (10 gallons).
Range: 150 km (94 miles).
Additional: For aircraft communication
the vehicle carried an EL/K-1004 radio set.