1948 to take over the body building activities of Seitz
und Ruf AG, Mowag began manufacturing vehicles in 1951
with a 2 ton 4 x 4 for military use powered by a
6-cylinder Chrysler engine.
A new range of forward control heavy trucks was launched in 1953. Many specialised vehicles including fire trucks and armoured vehicles have been manufactured over the years.
Until 1999 Mowag was a privately owned company founded and owned by Mr. Walter Ruf.
Through the acquisition of the business unit "DURO" from the Swiss company Bucher Industries, MOWAG AG, together with its licensees, became provider of armoured and non-armoured military vehicles in the overall weight range of 7 to 25 tons.
Since 2003 the company is owned by the Diesel Division of General Motors (DDGM) of Canada in London, Ontario.
The company employs over 500 persons at its Kreuzlingen, Switzerland, facilities where it designs, develops and manufactures wheeled armoured vehicles and a range of specialised commercial vehicles.
|Copyright © 1997 - 2018 Danish Army Vehicles Homepage|