Specific: Delivered by the
British forces in Germany just after WW II.
Historical: The C4 was introduced as a successor
to the CS8 in 1942 and was produced until 1944. The
C4 was essentially the same truck as the CS8, but it had
a 4-cylinder engine. and was fitted with a full
windscreen and metal doors like the late CS8's.
The Mk II arrived in November 1943, the only difference
being that the back axle had been moved rearwards to
increase the wheel base. This was done to be able to
mount the various "standard" War Office bodies
and to obtain better weight distribution. Other
dimensions were unchanged.
Besides the GS version a house-type bodied version with a
No. 9 wireless set were produced.
The CS8 and C4's were eventually replaced by the
4-cylinder C8 Quad model that began production in November
Note the spare wheel mounted between the cab and rear.
Length: 4.39 m (173 inches).
Width: 2.03 m (80 inches).
Height: 1.98 m (78 inches).
Weight: 2.821 kg (6.270 lb.) net.
Engine: Own 4-cylinder, type EH, 3.519 cm3 (214 cubic
inches) displacement, liquid cooled.
Horsepower: 70 at 3.000 rpm.
Transmission: 4-speed gearbox.
Transfer case: None.
Electrical system: N/A.
Tyres: 9.00 - 16.
without preparation: N/A.
with deep water fording kit: N/A.
Fuel type: Petrol.
Fuel capacity: N/A.