Specific: A small number of Minors (also known
as Morris 2-seater) was acquired between 1933 and 1937.
Historical: The Morris Minor was produced by Morris Motors
Limited in two versions. From 1928 to 1932 the cars had an 847 cc
overhead-camshaft engine. This was replaced by a more conventional
side-valve unit of the same capacity until production ended in 1934.
39,087 of the overhead-camshaft type and 47,231 of the side-valve
version were made
In 1932 the body was slightly restyled with a more rounded look and the
fuel tank moved from the scuttle area below the windscreen to the rear
of the car. An electric fuel pump was fitted. 1933 saw a four-speed
gearbox replacing the three-speed unit on the more expensive models and
in 1934 this was fitted with synchromesh on the top ratios. All models
now had hydraulic brakes.
The Minor was replaced by the Morris Eight in 1934, which continued as a
sales success and the Morris Minor name was revived in 1948 on the
Length: 3.05 m (120 inches).
Width: 1.26 m (49.5 inches).
Height: 1.45 m (57 inches).
Engine: Own 4-cylinder, 847 cm3 (51 cubic inches)
Horsepower: 19 at 4.500 rpm.
Transfer case: None.
Electrical system: N/A.
Tyres: 4.00 - 19.
without preparation: N/A.
with deep water fording kit: N/A.
Fuel type: Petrol.
Fuel capacity: 23 liter (5 gallons).
Crew: 1 + 1.