Historical: Karrier was established by Clayton & Company in
1907 to make cars. By 1913 the company had launched its first truck, a
3-ton "subsidy" type under the designation WDS. The company was taken
over by the Rootes company in 1934 and production moved to Luton.
The K6 truck was introduced in late 1940. The first order to the
British Army called for 500 trucks with a timber general service (GS)
cargo body. The next order called for
2.000 trucks of which 1.625 were to be equipped a 4½-ton vertical-spindle winch
was placed just ahead of the rear axle.
Models without winch had wheel-arch body. The shown
vehicle is fitted with the No. 5 General Service body.
Also an air portable version intended for the war in the far east and a short-wheelbase FA-tractor
named KT4 "Spider" were produced.
The K6 continued in British service after the war and more than 500 had
the new style serials (00YY01 - 40YY95) allocated in 1949. Many were subsequently rebuild
with serials in the series beginning with "R". The last K6 left British
service around 1965.
Length: 5.79 m (228 inches).
Width: 2.21 m (87 inches).
Height: 3.15 m (124 inches).
Weight: 7.022 kg (15.450 lb.).
Engine: Own 6-cylinder, 4.086 cm3 (249 cubic inches)
Transfer case: 2-speed.
Electrical system: N/A.
without preparation: N/A.
with deep water fording kit: N/A.
Fuel type: N/A.
Fuel capacity: N/A.