based Albion Motor Car Company was founded by Norman
Fulton and T.B. Murray in 1899, and produced itīs first
commercial vehicle in 1902.
During the 1920īs Albionīs truck range expanded to include forward control models. After using Gardner and Dorman diesel engines for some years, Albion developed their own engine in by the end of 1933. Same year the Halley Motors Ltd. of Glasgow was taken over.
Albion supplied many military vehicles throughout WW II, their range including 3 ton 4 x 4s, 10 ton 6 x 4 and heavy duty tank transporters.
The company was taken over by Leyland Motors Ltd. in 1951, and most of Albionīs heavy trucks was phased out.
By 1972 production of Albion trucks was phased out, along with the name.
|Copyright Đ 1997 - 2018 Danish Army Vehicles Homepage|